Previwo AS, is a Norwegian based bio-technology company with biological health products for aquaculture that aim to add high value through managing microbial systems for better health, yield, welfare and sustainability. Founded in 2013 by Professor Henning Sørum and Kjeller Innovation, the largely research and development-based company is entering the commercial phase of company growth. The company has patent-protected the new science and technology on probiotic and vaccine applications for salmon aquaculture. The first to launch product has a value potential to contribute to the increasingly important industry goals of improved underlying biological health of farmed salmon, environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
THE POSITION AS COMMERCIAL MANAGER
The position Commercial Manager is central to Previwo both strategically and operationally. The position in part of the management team, and reports to the Managing Director, based in Oslo.
A key focus will be to drive adoption and implementation of the health products of the company, with initial focus on volumes under commercial use for first to launch Stembiont™. Our goal is to be a priority partner for large and small operations and one that can be trusted in terms of delivery, quality, strong foundational science, service and competence.
The position is a new, dedicated role in Previwo. The right person will have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the positioning and development of the role, and the overall development of the company.
As Commercial Manager, you will work closely with leads in other functional areas in the company, manufacturing and supply chain, clinical and product development, and directly to customer decision making units and end-users in the Norwegian salmon farming industry. Previwo sells through its own customer interactions directly to end users and through alternative distribution via the pharmacy distribution. We have aims to sell through joint venture partnerships and agency agreements in Chile and Canada in the globalization of our brand.
The base for the position will be at the head office at in Oslo, but you must be prepared for travel activity related to customer interactions and project follow up.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for someone with a solid background in the animal health or veterinary sector and/or with previous involvement in supply and service-based companies to the aquaculture industry in Norway. You must be fully competent in Norwegian and English, written and spoken.
- You should have experience or desire to work in an innovative, scale-up entrepreneurial environment.
- You have a high entrepreneurial spirit and see the challenges and opportunity to build on our business case to grow.
- You have a degree in a relevant underlying discipline (life sciences, fish health veterinary medicine, fish health biology) and/or enough industry (fish farming, animal health) background to enable levering business education and sales experience to this field.
- Be able to contribute and communicate effectively about the scientific and veterinary aspects of preventative health products for aquaculture.
YOUR PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
At Previwo, we are a small team and really appreciate good team players. You will need to be an integrated solution-based thinker, concretely implementing innovative approaches to the customer. You must therefore be able to communicate well with a strong commercial intent with people the surroundings and in this key role for a company and stage, be fully dedicated to growing the company and sales.
WHY WORK IN PREVIWO?
- You will have a central and strategic role in a scaling company leading new and disruptive innovation in fish health management.
- You can largely help our team and director implement the strategic targets for sales and marketing from the 2020 commercialization point.
- We have a majority shareholder in Kistefos AS, an industrial investor in service-based companies for the aquaculture industry in Norway.
- We are invested in preventative solution based sustainable bio-technology leading in the area of probiotic intervention products and strategies for better fish health.
- We invest more than 40% of our budget on our own R&D to support our products and customers.
- We have attractive remuneration, benefits and incentives for key employees.
- We are a Norwegian based company with market entry planned in the rest of the world with salmon aquaculture.
- We have both a strong and disciplined entrepreneurial spirit and clear goals and implementation strategies and we have a lot of fun!
Application: Send your CV and application to Kira.Salonius, firstname.lastname@example.org, describing your reasons for applying, your professional goals and why you think Previwo is a good opportunity for you.
Application Deadline: 6 May 2020