Would you like to be an innovator in fish health pioneering a game changing approach in health management?
Previwo AS, is a Norwegian based bio-technology company with biological health products for aquaculture that aim to add high value through managing microbial systems for better health, yield, welfare and sustainability. In 2020, the largely research and development-based company entered the commercial phase of company growth. Since the first microbial enhancement product launch, the adoption of this health measure has been used by over 20 companies. The company also has a strong pipeline of patent-protected science and technology on probiotic and vaccine applications for salmon aquaculture. We contribute a high value aligned with important industry goals of improved underlying biological health of farmed salmon, environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
THE POSITION AS TECHNICAL MANAGER
The position Technical Manager is central to Previwo both strategically and operationally. The position (which can be optionally run from any strategically important area for salmon farming in Norway) is part of the management team, and reports to the Managing Director.
A key focus will be to drive adoption and implementation of the health products of the company, with initial focus Stembiont™. Our goal is to be a priority partner for large and small operations and one that can be trusted in terms of delivery, quality, strong foundational science, service and competence.
The right person will have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the positioning and development of the role, and the overall development of the company.
As a Technical Manager, you join the Senior Technical Services Manager in the work, and with lead persons in other functional areas in the company, manufacturing and supply chain, clinical and product development, and directly to customer decision making units and end-users in the Norwegian salmon farming industry. Previwo sells through its own customer interactions directly to end users and through alternative distribution via the pharmacy distribution. We have aims to sell through joint venture partnerships and agency agreements in Chile and Canada in the globalization of our brand.
The base for the position will be at the head office at in Oslo, but you must be prepared for travel activity related to customer interactions and project follow up.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
YOUR BACKGROUND AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
We are looking for someone with a solid background in the animal health or veterinary sector and/or with previous involvement in supply and service-based companies to the aquaculture industry in Norway. You must be fully competent in Norwegian and English, written and spoken.
- You should have experience or desire to work in an innovative, scale-up entrepreneurial environment.
- You have a high entrepreneurial spirit and see the challenges and opportunity to build on our business case to grow.
- You have a degree in a relevant underlying discipline (life sciences, fish health veterinary medicine, fish health biology) and/or enough industry (fish farming, animal health) background to enable levering business education and sales experience to this field.
- Be able to contribute and communicate effectively about the scientific and veterinary aspects of preventative health products for aquaculture.
- Be an integrated solution-based thinker, a passion for fish health and delivery of improvement in the industry by practically implementing innovative approaches to the customer.
WHY WORK IN PREVIWO?
- You will have a central and strategic role in a scaling company leading new and disruptive innovation in fish health management.
- You can largely help our team and director implement the strategic targets for sales and marketing and service to our customers.
- We have a majority, long-term shareholder in Kistefos AS (60,2%), an industrial investor of service-based companies to the aquaculture industry in Norway.
- We are invested in preventative solution based sustainable bio-technology leading in probiotic intervention products and strategies for better fish health.
- We invest more than 40% of our budget on our own R&D to support our products and customers and have scaled our internal production to be able to supply 30% of the domestic industry in 2022.
- We have attractive remuneration, benefits and incentives for key employees.
- We are a Norwegian based company with market entry planned in the other areas of geographic importance for salmon aquaculture.
- We have both a strong and disciplined entrepreneurial spirit and clear goals and implementation strategies and enjoy contributing to better solutions for farming salmon.
Application: to Kira.Salonius, firstname.lastname@example.org, describing your reasons for applying, your professional goals and why you think Previwo is a good opportunity for you, along with your CV.
Application Deadline: 7 June 2022